Welcome to VHCA
The Virginia Health Care Association is a member-driven organization dedicated to advocating for and representing the interests of over 250 Virginia nursing and assisted living facilities, the 29,000 residents they serve through the selfless efforts of nearly 30,000 dedicated care-giving staff. We’re proud of our role as the Commonwealth’s largest association representing long term care. VHCA’s strength, effectiveness, and integrity are significantly enhanced by the diversity of its membership which includes proprietary, non-profit, and government-operated facilities dedicated to providing the highest quality of care.
News & Events
- Holiday Message - In observance of the holiday season, the Virginia Health Care Association's office will be closed December 24, 25 & 26, as well as January 1. In addition, we will not publish a CareConnection until the first full week in January. We wish our readers a very safe and happy holiday!
- CCC Issue Log - NEW
- Commonwealth Coordinated Care Contact Information
- Provider Reference Guide
- 2015 Healthcare Observances Calendar
- Activities and More...Preparing Activity Professionals for the Future of Long Term Care
- ARE YOU IN THE TOP TEN? 2014 Survey Trends with Focus on Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment
- Practical Tips for Asserting and Obtaining Categorical Waiver for Use of Power Strips in Patient Care Areas
- Dementia Care Best Practices in the Commonwealth
- Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS)