Welcome to VHCA
The Virginia Health Care Association is a member-driven organization dedicated to advocating for and representing the interests of over 250 Virginia nursing and assisted living facilities, the 29,000 residents they serve through the selfless efforts of nearly 30,000 dedicated care-giving staff. We’re proud of our role as the Commonwealth’s largest association representing long term care. VHCA’s strength, effectiveness, and integrity are significantly enhanced by the diversity of its membership which includes proprietary, non-profit, and government-operated facilities dedicated to providing the highest quality of care.
News & Events
- VHCA/VCAL - Now on Facebook
- Train the Trainer for ALF Instructors of Registered Medication Aides Scheduled May 20th
- Introduction to Activity Management in Long Term Care Scheduled for June 16th - June 20th
- PAC Golf Tournament Scheduled for June 3rd - Sponsorships Available!
- 2014 Regirer Nursing Scholarship
- D. A. "Woody" Brown Community Involvement Awards
- Recognition Awards
- 2014 National Nursing Home Week
- Repealing and Replacing the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR)
- The Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) Repeal and Medicare Provider Payment Modernization Act
- AHCA Press Release - Medicaid Underfunds Nursing Care to its Highest Deficit Ever
- CMS Resources on Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility
- Process Assessment: Reducing Atypical Antipsychotic Medications